Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about using a bank or broker

tag
teddingt
Regular Contributor

Question about using a bank or broker

I applied for a USDA loan in Feb. but it was denied for CAIVRS right before it went to USDA and the seller did not want to wait for consolidation and I am back to square one (its a long story) .  I know most lenders want a 640 mid score and I have a 644 mid score right now but I am going to take a hit for a new tradeline. My question is simple am I better off trying to go through my bank or working with a broker?  Am I stuck waiting 6 months for the "improvement" on my credit?  I am really confused  and gun shy at this point.  I want to try since open area USDA is in my hometown until 9/31/2013 but I am afraid of yet another pull on my credit since the last broker seemed to think 7 pulls was acceptable (yes sarcasm).  Any suggestions or guidence?

Thanks 

re bk
EQ 572 TU 540 EXP 545
Current
EQ 598 TU 556 EXP 557
Discharge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about using a bank or broker

@teddingt wrote:

I applied for a USDA loan in Feb. but it was denied for CAIVRS right before it went to USDA and the seller did not want to wait for consolidation and I am back to square one (its a long story) .

I know most lenders want a 640 mid score and I have a 644 mid score right now but I am going to take a hit for a new tradeline.

New Tradeline? Is this to pay off whats in CAIVRS? Having a new Tradeline report varies with how much it impacts your scores. I have seen a drop in scores as little as a few points (5 or less), I have also seen much bigger drops in scores (5-40) depending on other things in your credit profile. Now I also have seen New Tradelines increase scores which would also depend on whats in your credit profile. YMMV

My question is simple am I better off trying to go through my bank or working with a broker? You have to use who you are most comfortable with. Using a Broker may give you a few more options since they use several Lenders.

Am I stuck waiting 6 months for the "improvement" on my credit?  This depends. Some Lenders are okay with payment arrangements being accepted.

I am really confused  and gun shy at this point.  I want to try since open area USDA is in my hometown until 9/31/2013 but I am afraid of yet another pull on my credit since the last broker seemed to think 7 pulls was acceptable (yes sarcasm).  Any suggestions or guidence?

Thanks 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
teddingt
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about using a bank or broker

New Tradeline? Is this to pay off whats in CAIVRS? Having a new Tradeline report varies with how much it impacts your scores. I have seen a drop in scores as little as a few points (5 or less), I have also seen much bigger drops in scores (5-40) depending on other things in your credit profile. Now I also have seen New Tradelines increase scores which would also depend on whats in your credit profile. YMMV

Yes it was for the student loan.   I ended up consolidating with Sallie Mae.  ($3500.00) my origial debt was not showing on the report just CAIVRS.  Not sure what other things you mean....... No debt all collection paid last year with one being deleted.  2 small cards and no auto  I have less than 100.00 on my DTI.  I was told I have a "thin" file.

Thanks for the reply

re bk
EQ 572 TU 540 EXP 545
Current
EQ 598 TU 556 EXP 557
Discharge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.