Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Loan Officers/ Brokers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for Loan Officers/ Brokers

Had my appraisal done last week and all is good. The ONLY thing holding up the closing now is my 2012 tax return transcripts.  I filed online Feb. 4 and it went thru smoothly. I then paid balance owed online about 10 days later. We had the original close date set for Mar. 15. This is so frustrating knowing I'm good to go with no conditions (other than my  2012 retrurns). ANY suggestions or advice how i can expedite these returns? *I contacted a tax advocate a few day ago and was basicaly told unless I was in danger of having my utilities cutoff or being evicted, there was not alot they could do. It's been almost 7 weeks now since I filed and I cannot stand feeling this "helpless" . I really appreciate any suggestions from ones with some experience in this matter. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Question for Loan Officers/ Brokers

weird that they would want 2012 returns, I havent even filed mine this year.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's because I'm self employed. Iv'e been self employed since June 2010 and I did not show enough income earned for 2010 since I basicaly worked just 6 months. I had to have 2 full years of returns showing (2011 and 2012).

Message 3 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You should read some of the older posts of folks that are self employed who had to wait on their transcript. It took someone almost 2 months and there was nothing she could do to get the IRS to move faster. I think she finally contacted some liaison to help push it through but it was an uphill battle.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 6
Llhg71
Established Member

I am getting ready to apply for a mortgage within the next 90 days.  I have filed my taxes online the past 3 years.  I only have copies that I printed when I filed.  Will I need copies from the IRS instead of mine?

Message 5 of 6
playboy
Regular Contributor

@Llhg71 wrote:

I am getting ready to apply for a mortgage within the next 90 days.  I have filed my taxes online the past 3 years.  I only have copies that I printed when I filed.  Will I need copies from the IRS instead of mine?

The loan office will get the official transcript from the IRS. 

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.