Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding USDA Guaranteed Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding USDA Guaranteed Loan

I've been looking to purchase a home for a while now and my lender had told me I was preapproved for a USDA loan, but now they're saying that due to the new income guidelines that were supposed to go into effect this past Monday (I know they've been pushed back to March from other posts here on the forum) that I will be OVER the maximum allowed income in the county I'm looking to purchase.  I'm not sure how the new effective date will play into things.

Is there a site where I can view the new proposal with the income limits included?  I've not been able to find a list so far using my Google Fu.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Question regarding USDA Guaranteed Loan

The new limits have not been posted. I am not sure, but some are saying it's not actually NEW limits, it's just the "bracketing" of the income.

The 1 2 3 4 person families will now be one group with the 4 family income level, and 5 6 7 8 person families are now 8 family income level.

I can NOT guarantee that the income level is the same as the current charts, but I THINK they are.

The reason you would be over, is because your lender was counting on using the higher limit, and now it won't go into effect until about March 20th.

You may have to wait it out, or keep looking.  Smiley Sad

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.