Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding automated underwriting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding automated underwriting

I've been doing some research regarding the automated underwriting process.  It seems that once an applicant is approved in the system, the underwriter is performing more of a verification of paperwork than making a decision.  Is that correct? We were approved through the automated underwriting w/ BofA.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding automated underwriting

yeah, that would be correct. however, make sure you have an LO that is on the ball & know what he/she is talking about. typically, as long as there are no serious changes in your financial standing & that the info you provided them was accurate (or you are able to explain away any irregularities/have compensating factors for them), then you are off to a good start.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to hear, thanks!

We have an experienced LO who has been doing this a number of years.  We filled out our paperwork last Sunday, the 8th, and he said they should be able to close on the 30th. I was under the impression we were approved when it was accepted in the automated underwriting, but when I researched it further, I realized it was the pre-approval.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hehe, no problem! trust me, i was constantly questioning my LO about anything & everything about the entire automated process & then it getting in front of an actual person to make sure all of the documentation is accurate. i got through all of that just fine & now i'm just waiting for the (delayed) closing on monday afternoon ^_^.

best of luck to you!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats leah257!

Well I just closed on a new contruction home with BofA as the Perferred Lender.  I was preapproved via Automated Underwriting as well and everything went just fine.  I didn't have high FICO scores either!  My mid was only 647 but all were above 620.  I think you will be fine.  Also, not sure if you were aware of this but BofA has a site that allows you to see the status of your Loan Process so as soon as you get your loan docs in the mail it will have your 9 digit Loan # on it.  Use that to access the site and you can view it every step of the way.  Being able to view it sure eased my stress level down a least 1 notch! Smiley Very Happy  I still freaked out until the day I was sitting in Title.

Message Edited by NewHope on 11-16-2009 01:18 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the good word, and congratulations on your house!  It's good to hear I'm not the only one who seems to be constantly worrying. That's great news to hear about being able to monitor the loan process online.  I can't believe that!  We filled out all of the paperwork Sunday, the 8th, so I imagine we will be receiving the documents in the mail soon.  I will definitely log in then.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.