Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questioning Experian score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questioning Experian score?

Well I pulled my FICO from the 3 bureaus and came up with this.

Trans- 622

Equifax- 605

Experian- 670

I am questioning the Experian score as it said this is my "Plus credit score". Has anyone else dealt with Experian and "Credit Plus Scoring"? Has anyone seen this big of a difference in their scores? Is this the best way to know your on FICO score? Going to apply for a FHA loan with my spouse in the near future. Her score is from Equifax- 704, it was my score that was weak.

Looking at a loan of about $210,000, we have the 3.5% for down payment. Our income is $120,000 and excellent work history and income has grown every year for the past 15 years. Our debit is 1 car payment $640 and I have $7000 in CC's, no other debts.

Basically my question is regarding the Experian score. Does it seem correct?

Thanks

Tony

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Questioning Experian score?

I see anomolies like this from time to time.

Typically, depending on where you live and the creditors you have(some only report to one bureau)

It seems that your midscore is a tad over 620 which is good.

Also, we lenders will pull scores that may vary a bit from yours. As it always depends on the different versions of FICO and whether you pulled a true FICO 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dorado.  Quick question...where did you get your scores? The reason I ask is because consumers can no longer pull their Experien Fico score. We can all go to the Experien website and pull their FAKO scores with they ahve their own name for...Vantage, Plus, etc. but they are not your true "Fico" scores that the lenders use, they are simply "credit" scores that the bureaus have made up their own system for. The problem with this is that the lenders don't use them so they are 100% useless - they almost never match up to your real score either.

So, the best we can do for ourselves at this point, is to pull our real FICO scores from thsi website for EQ and TU and then hope for the best on EX. If both of your two other scores from here are over 620, then you will atleast know you have a 620 middle score which is required now. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I thought that I was on the Experian website, however there are so many look-alike website, who knows.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw what they had me at, I was thinking in the low 600 range. Since pulling my #'s from this site(Transunion & Equifax), I am smack dab in the middle of the road, so I need that Experian score to see where exactly where I fall. Just this week I've paid off a signature loan that I had with the CU and 1 of my CC's( small amounts $368 & $350) but atleast they are all paid off. The signature loan was on a 36 month term.

I guess I'll just wait a few weeks and keep checking my score to get both above 620.

Anymore info. will be appreciated.

Message 4 of 6
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Of the two scores you pulled on here, it they are both over that 620 mark, then you would be fine. If you want to wait for your scores to update, then I would pull them again the end of May.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, the score you pulled from Experian is not a FICO score. Experian no longer allows consumers to pull their own score. Plus they never sold it on their site. They sell their own score (PLUS I think).

Also, if you pulled your Transunion score from Transunion, then you don't have a TU FICO score. There are only two places on the web you can get your TU FICO score and that is from myFICO or from transunioncs.com (note the -cs).

If you pulled your EQ score directly from Equifax.com, then you do have a genuine EQ FICO score.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.