Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions Regarding Home Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions Regarding Home Financing

Long story short, mother passed away and I am the sole heir of her estate. Estate value is just a shade under 1 million dollars (mostly real estate), however is still pending in probate. The house I am in is paid for and will become a rent house for me if I am able to finance this new house. Realistically what is my scenario if probate court finalizes the estate or if it still remains in limbo?

My 3 credit scores right now are all 720-730 that I can tell. I have roughly $5k in credit card "debt" (4500 on one card), owe $26k left in truck payments, and have $100k of collectible firearms. Combined yearly income is over $100k (not including potential rental income since there is no history of that with me as owner)with both me and wife having the same job for 4yrs me and 5yrs for her. Wife has $16k in student loans and $23k in car payments remaining and under $2k on her card. Estate has no debts, liens, and or judgments on it or in the near future.  House is roughly $260,000, looking to put roughly 10% down unless probate magically clears before hand.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions Regarding Home Financing

$100k monthly income or $10k? You should be more than fine either way. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, should have been yearly not monthly. I wish $100k a month!  Thanks

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any answers to your questions, but want to offer my condolences on your mother's passing.

Marlena

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Long story short, mother passed away and I am the sole heir of her estate. Estate value is just a shade under 1 million dollars (mostly real estate), however is still pending in probate. The house I am in is paid for and will become a rent house for me if I am able to finance this new house. Realistically what is my scenario if probate court finalizes the estate or if it still remains in limbo?

My 3 credit scores right now are all 720-730 that I can tell. I have roughly $5k in credit card "debt" (4500 on one card), owe $26k left in truck payments, and have $100k of collectible firearms. Combined yearly income is over $100k (not including potential rental income since there is no history of that with me as owner)with both me and wife having the same job for 4yrs me and 5yrs for her. Wife has $16k in student loans and $23k in car payments remaining and under $2k on her card. Estate has no debts, liens, and or judgments on it or in the near future.  House is roughly $260,000, looking to put roughly 10% down unless probate magically clears before hand.

Thanks

Credit: looks good

Income: looks good

Assets: looks good

DTI: looks good

You should have no issues, unless there is something drastic that we don't know. Good luck!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the replies. I'm hoping nothing suddenly appears, but you never know. Biggest concern was valuing any actual assets. While listed in the will, has not been through the entire probate process.
Message 6 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Make sure to opt out of ore screened credit card offers before you apply for a mortgage.

Helps Keep the jdc's away.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the form to opt out of any pre screened offers. What about auto CL increases on cards that I currently have? Will those impact me negatively? They aren't going for outrageously high amounts. Discover just bumped me $750 after 6 months on that card and Cap One bumped me $3500 around January but I have had that card 4yrs. Never have requested increases. 

Message 8 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Auto CLIs are a great thing! No hard pull plus your utilization drops - all good impacts to your score.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Auto CLIs are a great thing! No hard pull plus your utilization drops - all good impacts to your score.

I agreee with this ^^^^^^

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.