Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Home Buying Process

tag
azfitz11
New Contributor

Questions about Home Buying Process

Hello, I currently reside in Florida. I am currently a Service Manager for a local HVAC Company. My wife and I would like to relocate back to Phoenix next May and open our own A/C Company. We would like to purchase a home when we get closer to moving back. My questions are as follows:

• Can we purchase home while we are still in Florida and still only put 3.5% down using an FHA lender?
  • How would it work with me being employed here in Florida, but starting my own company when we move back to Phoenix?
  • Can anyone recommend who we talk to, to guide us on what to do over the next year?
  • When should we start the process?

Welcome any help. Want to start exploring options.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Questions about Home Buying Process

Short answer: no
My understanding is FHA loans are for primary residence, so you can't buy in Arizona while living in Florida. Also I don't think you will be able to find a mortgage when you are planning on quitting your job. Self employed people need 2 years of self employment to qualify for a mortgage.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.