Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about funds for DP

tag
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Questions about funds for DP

We are planning on buying ealy next year.  We have some savings,but not enough and  dont want to have to scrap every penny together for DP/closing clost, etc.   We both also have 401k money that we can use if need be, though I prefer not to touch that.   It would be nice to use our income tax return as a DP.  Is that allowed?  Or do I have to let it sit in my account for a couple months. We are most likely going FHA. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Questions about funds for DP

@savings4tomorrow wrote:

We are planning on buying ealy next year.  We have some savings,but not enough and  dont want to have to scrap every penny together for DP/closing clost, etc.   We both also have 401k money that we can use if need be, though I prefer not to touch that.   It would be nice to use our income tax return as a DP.  Is that allowed?  Or do I have to let it sit in my account for a couple months. We are most likely going FHA. 

Thanks in advance.

You can use your tax refund for your down payment. You just have to show where it came from - papertrail is everything.

Don't cash your check and then deposit the cash into your account - that is where the issues come up. If the refund is electronic or a check then you will have no issues showing the source of the funds.

Message 2 of 4
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very Happy 

Yep, refund is what I mean Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

yes. alowable funds and do NOT need to be seasoned

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.