Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding Title Company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions regarding Title Company

My house sold and closing is set for May 4th. I recieved a call today from my real estate agent staing that the title company found some judgements. I resolved the four tax liens which are paid/satisfied, 1 judgement was an old auto accident that was also resolved back in 2002 and lastly is my spouse fell behind on paying utilities but they were paid also. I know I owe the city of pa about 3k in back taxes. Has this ever happen to anyone and will this stop the sale of the property?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions regarding Title Company

have you paid all of the liens that they have discovered?  if so, you shouldn't have a problem.  your current tax debt, is there a lien on your property for that debt?  if not, you should be in the clear.

did your realtor tell you if the judgements show as satisfied?  if they are not, you will need to get that updated with the courts.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 PA State Liens i paid and have the satisfaction letters that I just sent to my realtor. 1 UC Lien is in a payment plan with a balance of $2,600.00. Am not sure though about the City of PA Tax.

Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

4 PA State Liens i paid and have the satisfaction letters that I just sent to my realtor. 1 UC Lien is in a payment plan with a balance of $2,600.00. Am not sure though about the City of PA Tax.

So you have the original Satisfactions but they were never recorded?

You need to get in touch with the title co right away with the original Satisfactions so they can be recorded. Some title co's will record them with the sale, some will record them prior to the sale. They should have been recorded when they were paid.

The unpaid tax will probably be deducted from your proceeds of your sale so the City of PA Tax can be paid in its entirety and so the title co can deliver clear (clean) title to the buyer.

Contact the title co right away to get this resolved.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The real estate agent said she would get more clarification this morning from the title company.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.