Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question...Fico score update.

tag
ccgg24
Established Member

Quick question...Fico score update.

I just pulled my report and scores again on here since I saw the change we were waiting for on the experian site. But the only thing that has updated here are my scores. I don't see account balances reflecting yet. So how is it my score has gone up but the reports have all remained the same? Am I going to have to dish out another 60 bucks in a few days to see the changes? And since I did see an increase in two of my scores...does that mean  that if I have a lender pull my credit they will see it too or do I need to wait to see the changes on the report itself? Sorry so many questions but this waiting and waitng is killing me. I just want to apply for the VA loan and get the process started. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Quick question...Fico score update.

@ccgg24 wrote:

I just pulled my report and scores again on here since I saw the change we were waiting for on the experian site. But the only thing that has updated here are my scores. I don't see account balances reflecting yet. So how is it my score has gone up but the reports have all remained the same? Am I going to have to dish out another 60 bucks in a few days to see the changes? And since I did see an increase in two of my scores...does that mean  that if I have a lender pull my credit they will see it too or do I need to wait to see the changes on the report itself? Sorry so many questions but this waiting and waitng is killing me. I just want to apply for the VA loan and get the process started. Thanks in advance!

What is preventing you from applying for a pre-approval with VA mortgage as your choice? Do you know what score your lender will see? I recommend that you select a lending source and request preapproval for whatever purchase scenario that you have in mind. During that preapproval process, the lender will pull a tri-merge report for examination then let you know where you stand. The lender may even give you a copy of the report if you request it. That way you will be seeing exactly what your lender is seeing and it won't cost you any money to do it.

Message 2 of 5
ccgg24
Established Member

We are very much at the border of what is acceptable for the lender we're looking at. We don't want them to pull anything until we get a little above that score. I have no idea what score they will see but we figure if we get it above according to myfico then hopefully we'll be safe with the lenders score they pull. I guess the only way to really know is to have them pull. The house we put an offer on won't be done being built until late april so we have time. I was just confused on how the credit reports work on here.

Message 3 of 5
Peter1142
Established Contributor

If your scores went up but the balances haven't reported that's good news!

Do not waste your money on the TU and Ex scores on this site. There is almost no chance they will be used by your lender and thus not accurate. The Eq score on here should be how you judge if you are ready to risk a lender pull, this is used pretty much universally. To check if your balances have reported on TU for free go to creditkarma. For Ex you can go to Credit.com IIRC. TU is the slowest to report. If your reports are similar you can assume the scores should be similar. Its the best you can do without a hard pull.
Message 4 of 5
ccgg24
Established Member

Transunion is super slow. Both equifax and experian scores went up but nothing for transunion yet. Creditkarma is still showing me the same info. It says im not due for an update until the 8th. Also, do you know which score for creditkarma is closest to lender score? Is it the vantage or the regular score? Ugh I just want all the reports to hurry up and update! At this point screw my score until the reports reflect. Thanks for yiur help!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.