cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question: Is the first year of homeowners insurance paid before closing?

tag
wendlan
Regular Contributor

Quick question: Is the first year of homeowners insurance paid before closing?

Wondering if the first year of homeowners insurance is due before closing or it a closing expense? My realtor told me out of pocket before closing and my loan officer said it is at closing and a closing expense. Just wondering,we have a seller assist 6% for closing costs.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Quick question: Is the first year of homeowners insurance paid before closing?

Listen to your loan officer on this one
Message 2 of 5
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Quick question: Is the first year of homeowners insurance paid before closing?

Your realtor must not pay much attention during closing.. I agree listen to the LO that's a part of closing when escrow is funded.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 5
wendlan
Regular Contributor

thank you!

Message 4 of 5
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

You should take this opportunity to educate your RA! :-)
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.