cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about mortgage loans.

tag

Quick question about mortgage loans.

My credit history isn't too bad right now, but in the past I had several delinquencies that recently came off my report.

How far back do lenders look when checking a credit report? My report should be clear next year, but I just wanted to check.

Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
H-B
Regular Contributor

Re: Quick question about mortgage loans.

If you are asking about late payments. You need 12 month clean history and up to date 12 month payment.  The lender will pull your credit and they will ask all the questions regarding delinquency but you can always write LOX. 

Message 2 of 6

Oh no, I have no late payments. It was just medical bills that went into collections back in 2011. Some of them fell off my report and I wasn't sure if they were still viewable by them or not.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they have fallen off your credit report, no one can see them.  They are gone.

Message 4 of 6

Thank you. That is such a relief to hear.
Message 5 of 6
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@CaptainSparkles wrote:
Oh no, I have no late payments. It was just medical bills that went into collections back in 2011. Some of them fell off my report and I wasn't sure if they were still viewable by them or not.

The good news is most lenders ignore medical collections when underwritting FHA & VA loans.

Good luck.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.