Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicken loans Wells Fargo FHA or local Bank conventional on 5% down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicken loans Wells Fargo FHA or local Bank conventional on 5% down

I made a deal with the seller of the home no agents involved at all and was able to get 2% taken off of the home price on top of a great price for the home. My attorney for the closing referred me to someone at wells fargo. I was referred to this attorney through my job. Who also hooked me up with an inspector. So should I stick with this connection and go with the guy from wells fargo? 

Quicken loans has been ok so far. The only thing is they wanted to see 2 years of rent payments because I had a bankruptcy 4 years ago. But the other bank I got pre approved for Astoria Bank did not mention anything about giving them proof of rent payments or anything like that because of my bankruptcy. If I go with Astoria Federal it will not be FHA it will be conventional I would put 5% down. I would also put 5% down with Quicken Loans but it would be FHA. Do you think its better to go FHA or conventional in this case? Wells Fargo would also be FHA. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Offer accepted. Quicken loans Wells Fargo FHA or local Bank conventional on 5% down

@Anonymous wrote:

I made a deal with the seller of the home no agents involved at all and was able to get 2% taken off of the home price on top of a great price for the home. My attorney for the closing referred me to someone at wells fargo. I was referred to this attorney through my job. Who also hooked me up with an inspector. So should I stick with this connection and go with the guy from wells fargo? 

Quicken loans has been ok so far. The only thing is they wanted to see 2 years of rent payments because I had a bankruptcy 4 years ago. But the other bank I got pre approved for Astoria Bank did not mention anything about giving them proof of rent payments or anything like that because of my bankruptcy. If I go with Astoria Federal it will not be FHA it will be conventional I would put 5% down. I would also put 5% down with Quicken Loans but it would be FHA. Do you think its better to go FHA or conventional in this case? Wells Fargo would also be FHA. 

Hi Artist,

I wouls steer clear of all 3 of the lenders you mentioned.

In order to determine which loan program is going to be the best fit for you, you'll need a lender who will take the time to run ALL of your available options and present them to you side by side so you can make an informed choice.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Offer accepted. Quicken loans Wells Fargo FHA or local Bank conventional on 5% down

^^^ +1000.

Find a mortgage banker that can originate, underwrite and fund their own loans and has the ability to walk you through the process (experienced LO's - not just an application taker). 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about Astoria Bank?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1% credit use but had bankruptcy 4 years ago. What are the main things the lender will look at to determine if they give the mortgage to my wife and I? I have been with the same company for about 14 years. My wife has been with her job for 10 months. She was working part time in 2014 and worked 3 jdifferent jobs in 2015 she is still with the last one from 2015 its now 10 months. We are still looking for her W2's from 2014 will this be a problem? We have tax returns but no w2

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found someone called Gregory Alan Clark who works for AnnieMac Home Mortgage his reviews are in the 200's and five stars on another site. Has anyone had any experience with AnnieMac Home Mortgage?  I also found on another site a lender called American Federal Mortgage Corporation 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.