Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicken loans

tag
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

Quicken loans

Does anyone have any experience with Quicken loans regarding an FHA mortgage? After you close what mortgage servicer do they typically sell your mortage to ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicken loans

I closed with Quicken. They actually weren't my first choice, but Chase dropped the ball and we needed to close ASAP. Their fees are alittle high, but their customer service is excellent. They are even open on Saturdays so you can ask them any questions on Saturdays even if your LO isn't there because its all in their system. Also, you can upload all of your documents online and you can actually see when the underwriter either checks them off or kicks them back.

They are still our servicer and it has been a year. They never sold or transferred our mortgage to anyone else.

Message 2 of 5
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

does anyone else have any exper with them transferring their loan? Also i dont know if it matters if you have excellent credit or not

Message 3 of 5
mlearma
New Contributor

We just closed on a re-finance with Quicken.  They told us they will be the servicer of the loan and it most likely will not get sold.  We did a VA loan and they told us 640 was the minimum score, of which we were much higher thanks to myfico.com.

Their service was great although our original mortgage consultant was a bit mis-leading on the rate and buy down.  I found a few errors related to the payoff of our original loan such as them not applying the last payment, etc.

I was able to get them to cover all of our closing costs except our initial escrow deposits.  That alone was $3500.  All we had to do was ask for that and let them know that we had other options.  I was quite pleased.

Message 4 of 5
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

Do you think i can do better than a 1.75 Point buydown to get down to a 2.75 rate 15 yr fixed? with them?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.