cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Whatelse to do about Chargeoffs.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Whatelse to do about Chargeoffs.....

Hi All,

Here's my situation I am working through the program from Acorn Housing. Their requirement is no charge-offs. I have one and have been trying to get the situation resolved.  First Premier is the problem. I wrote and call them to see if I can take care of the debt. They informed they could not accept payment from me because they wrote the debt off. They told me to contact the collection agency. I contacted the collection agency twice and was informed they do not have the account.  I am trying to do the best that I can because I have a contract on a very nice house. I contacted Transunion to tell them the situation and of course they are telling me that they will dispute it. However, I went that route before and they sent a letter stating validated. I don't care about validation I care about resolution.

Please help with suggestions.................
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RE: Whatelse to do about Chargeoffs.....

Unfortunately if it is a valid debt, you may not be able to get it removed.  Call First Premier and get transfered up as high as you can in their resolution department.  Once you are at the top of the food chain, they can see exactly what the status of the CO account is can call the collection agency it is placed with while you are ont he phone.  They then can track down who to pay and take care of it.  

That does not mean it will be removed and I think First Premier is not to good as far as GW's and stuff from what I have heard.    
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...maybe I didn't explain correctly....

First Premier will not take payment because its charged off. They said they transferred the account to a collection agency.  THat collection stated twice they did not have the account.  I want to pay the debt and get it done and over with.....I am just looking to see if I should contact other credit repair places.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...........so I contacted First Premier and told them my dilemma again for the 5th time...and finally they are going to let me pay it and they are going to fax me a letter today.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.