Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REO Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REO Issue

Hey forum,

As usual I am looking for advice on a home purchase. Recently I put a contract on a short sale property, the seller accepted the offer. Her bank never approved the offer- make a long story short I wasted about a month and a half with trying to get an approval from the sellers lender on my offer. I decided not to waste anymore of my time with this property, and continued my search for another property. I started looking into other financing options as well, becasue my lender that I was going through was not effecient enough for me. My loan officer would never really return calls, and I would have to call her about four times a day before she responded. So I got financing at another bank, they told me they were offering a program where they could give me a grant. It would be forgiven after five years as long as I dont refinance or sell the home. I finally found a home. Its an REO Property, which my agent told me was a much smoother transaction from the prior short sale I was trying to get before. The bank did not accept the offer I put in butr counter offered me (they want me to finance my closing cost). I decided to accept the counter offer- its a really good deal, and the house would have about 30k equity in it. All of this was done on August 29th 2008. I still have not received a signed contract from the bank with the correct terms. My bank needs this to request my grant money, it is almost 30 days from the counter offer acceptance. The bank asked me to sign an addendum on the 29th as well stating that if I hold the closing up, I would be charged per day. My agent told me this was a standard document, and advised me to sign. Now I'm a bit concerned because my bank needs at least 10 days after receiving the ratified contract(which I still dont have) to receive my grant money. My approval is based on me receiving this grant money, and it is on a first come first serve basis. Basically when the money has been exhausted by other lucky buyers, I will be unable to take advantage of the grant. is there anything that I can do, or an addendum that can be typed to let the REO bank know this so that they can move faster? Its like they dont take anything into consideration, and you would think they want to get these properties off their hands. I am at my wits end, and I dont want to lose out on my 1k EMD. I feel so setup, and was not expecting this. Shane, Scarlett, ANYBODY hellllp!!! Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: REO Issue

Your Realtor should be earning her money at this point and demanding from the listing agent the documents. Maybe you need an addendum that says if they hold up the close because they are not following through that they will pay you? I am kidding of course they would never go for that but someone needs to go to bat for you and get this done.

Good Luck
Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brian! I feel the same way, my agent should be working for her money. She just keeps saying things are out of her hands, that the listing agent has been in contact with the asset management company and the lender. That I just have to be patient. I wouldn't mind waiting if the grant money was guaranteed, but its not. Thank you again for your advice.Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make it clear to your agent that it's in her best interest to do everything she can to pressure the listing agent. After all, if the listings agent's delay causes you not to get the grant money, and that causes you not to get the loan, then your agent doesn't get paid! If she fully understands that, and she's not concerned, I would not be concerned either.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.