Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RR for USDA Direct, Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RR for USDA Direct, Please help!

I was wondering how I would go about getting a RR for a USDA Direct? We were denied at M&T bank a few days ago for FHA, came home and paid of EVERYTHING besides a 2% util on 1 CC, and I'd like to see if that increases our credit score enough to hit the magic "620" for either FHA or USDA. How do we go about getting a RR?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: RR for USDA Direct, Please help!

RR's are only allowed to be done by mortgage lenders - but there is a website I found that you can pay to have them do it for you yourself.  Just google it.  I've never read of anyone mentioning that kind around here, though.  And who knows how expensive it is.

if you don't have a purchase contract, then I'm not sure why you need to do an RR at this early stage in the game....It can take months to find the house and get the purchase contract....

I'm assuming you are just wanting that preapproval letter?  Well, I was able to get one of those while I had scores in the upper 500's and unsatisfied judgment etc etc.  The LO just wrote that the preapproval was conditional upon approved credit.....

What were your scores when you were denied?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RR for USDA Direct, Please help!

We had a RR done through the lender for our USDA loan (I think ours was guaranteed though, it was last year and I'm getting old Smiley Happy, I want to say it was about $65 for two scores, or maybe that was per score.  We just let them take care of it all and it was fairly painless.  Although I saw it go up before they did and started calling them and bugging them.  LOL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.