Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising mortgage scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raising mortgage scores

I need to raise my mortgage scores asap. My fico 8 scores are fine, just need to get the mortgage scores up. Do mortgage scores go up like fico 8 scores do by lowering cc util, getting collections deleted, etc?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Raising mortgage scores

My personal observation has been that mortgage scores (FICO5 I think) are much more sensitive to derogatories than FICO8. That is, late payments and such will hurt you more and for longer than with FICO8.

My FICO5s tend to be a 30-40 points lower than my FICO8s. The only util-related data point I've seen is that when the number of accounts with a 0 balance is higher, so is my score. That is, I can have 3 cards report $50 balances and lose 20 points, then pay those to 0 and see those 20 points come back. In both cases my overall utilization remained around 1% for revolving and ~80% for installment.

Message 2 of 3
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Raising mortgage scores

@Anonymous wrote:
I need to raise my mortgage scores asap. My fico 8 scores are fine, just need to get the mortgage scores up. Do mortgage scores go up like fico 8 scores do by lowering cc util, getting collections deleted, etc?

Hi Jade,

Yes, mortgage scores will go up by lowering cc balances & getting collection accounts deletd.

Good luck.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.