Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid ReScoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapid ReScoring

Anyone use it? If so, how'd it work out?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rapid ReScoring

I was told it used when you have a letter from a collection agency regarding deletion of a collection account...or something like a release of judgments...just like doing a dispute with the CRA that you have documentation to prove...although I was told it can't be used to get a score boost by paying CC balances...
Message 2 of 5
tex
Established Member

We used rapid rescore for our house that we closed on in March. We had a letter from a CU stating they would remove charged off account. We also had a letter from the state stating they had erroneuosly issued a tax lien back in 2004. We got an 11 point bump but it did not change our level of approval, it did however put us at a significant lower PMI payment. It cost us about $90. It was worth it. The rep from the rescore company can tell your broker if the rescore will probably make a difference. It's a gamble! 
Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

slyhouse08 wrote:
I was told it used when you have a letter from a collection agency regarding deletion of a collection account...or something like a release of judgments...just like doing a dispute with the CRA that you have documentation to prove...although I was told it can't be used to get a score boost by paying CC balances...

It can be used to lower credit card balances on the credit report and get a score boost.. I've done it at least a dozen times.  However it's not cheap though, usually runs about $30 per trade line per bureau... so if you wanted a Cap 1 account to update on all 3 bureaus it's about $90.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

OurHouse404 wrote:
Anyone use it? If so, how'd it work out?

Your credit report is checked first.  Then you supply documentation from the creditor listed on the credit report which you want to have the data changed on (such as removing a collection from the creditor, lowering a credit card balance, etc.), the credit vendor sends the documentation into the bureaus for them to verify with the creditors, credit report/scores are updated at the bureau level, and a new credit report is checked.  Takes anywhere from 3 business days up to 7 business days depending on the creditor, documentation provided, and credit vendor (the one who checks the credit report).
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.