Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid Rescore Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rapid Rescore Question

The rapid rescore worked much differently than I had thought it would, and different from how it was explained to me by the lender. The updates that were done on the rescore were only applied to the tri-merge report providers original report as a credit supplement, and were not applied to my report directly. I was not able to use my rescore results with another lender.

It took well over a week for the company to come back and say it was done. I did not receive another pull to my credit report. I ended up submitting my proof of payments to the bureaus myself via their fraud assistance departments, and got most of it udpated directly within a day or two.

Just keep in mind that if you do switch lenders, your rescore results will not go with you. You will need to start over. There is a guy who does these rescores at the request of the consumner, and directly wit the bureaus so it can be used with any lender. I talked to him on the phone, and he advised that in my situation I was better off doing it myself than paying him. Your experience and needs may vary. You can google Rapid Rescore Companies and his is the first that comes up I think.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 12
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Rapid Rescore Question

@Anonymous wrote:

The rapid rescore worked much differently than I had thought it would, and different from how it was explained to me by the lender. The updates that were done on the rescore were only applied to the tri-merge report providers original report as a credit supplement, and were not applied to my report directly. I was not able to use my rescore results with another lender.

It took well over a week for the company to come back and say it was done. I did not receive another pull to my credit report. I ended up submitting my proof of payments to the bureaus myself via their fraud assistance departments, and got most of it udpated directly within a day or two.

Just keep in mind that if you do switch lenders, your rescore results will not go with you. You will need to start over. There is a guy who does these rescores at the request of the consumner, and directly wit the bureaus so it can be used with any lender. I talked to him on the phone, and he advised that in my situation I was better off doing it myself than paying him. Your experience and needs may vary. You can google Rapid Rescore Companies and his is the first that comes up I think.

Good luck!

Just to clarify: A true rapid re-score can be done by any lender & the results will "travel" with you because the information is updated at the credit bureau level. The only way to get an actual re-score done is to update the info with the bureaus & pull a new credit report. Anything else is just a plain old credit supplement where information is confirmed or updated on an existing credit report. 

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.