Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid Rescore

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapid Rescore

Has anyone had success with this?  We just went through an ordeal where we were locked in with a lender right before they went to 620 min for FHA.  The lock expired yesterday after we were approved because the seller (relo comp) and lender couldn't agree on who the seller was and neither party would budge.  Now I am no longer preapproved because my 2 highest scores are 597 and 599.  So my loan officer did the thing that tells you what to do to get score up.  I paid the cards it listed and decreased my credit card utilization from about 85% to 20%.  I am waiting for my payments to post and then I will be calling the credit card companies to get the letters that state my new balances.  Here are my questions:

Does this really work?

How long do the letters from credit cards take?  They said 1-2 days, but I'm not believing any of these people.

Once it is submitted to rapid rescore does it really only take 3-5 days and what has been the experience with this timeline?

We are feeling time crunched because we haven't secured an extention on the contract with the sellers yet and are not optimistic about getting one.  My realtor says not to worry - that even if they relist we'll still get the house we'll just have to start over with the offer again, but after what we just went through, I'm not believing anybody 100%.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Rapid Rescore

i have done many of these.

3 - 5 days is on the high side. may times, it takes less time.

very legit and on the up & up.

if your loan officer has a brain, you will be fine.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rapid Rescore

For 2 of my credit cards (same Bank - HSBC) the letter they sent me only referenced the last 4 digits of my account number.  I understand that this is for security purposes.  The credit report my loan officer sent me had the first 12 numbers of my account numbers (omitted the last 4).  I had to tell her which belonged to which, but is this going to be a problem with the rescore?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.