cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid rescore. How much did is raise your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapid rescore. How much did is raise your score?

My husband and I are in the process of trying to pass Automatic underwriting. The loan officer said because of a 30 day late payment for our auto loan is preventing us from moving forward. We are currently trying to get the 30 day late payment removed because we have NEVER missed a payment my husband being injured in Iraq caused a lot of stress the month we missed it. We missed the payment by accident not because we didn't have the money. Our LO said we need to pay our two credit cards down and then we'll do a rapid rescore. My question is did the rapid rescore help you pass underwriting? And did it raise your credit significantly? Also, has anyone passed AU with a 30 day late attached to their credit?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Rapid rescore. How much did is raise your score?

Mine lowered my score when we were taking out comments from disputes.

I have 30 day lates from last year that will not hurt me.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husbands 30 day late is from may 2012. I believe that is why it's hurting us.
Message 3 of 9
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

is it possible to good will that late payment off.  It seems to have been extenuating circumstances.  Hopefully they will remove it.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping that they will take it into consideration. I can't seem to get through to an actual person to explain my story of why he missed the payment. Wells Fargo just keep telling me I need to fax in my dispute letter. Which I have already done. But if we didn't have this 30 day let we would pass UW with flying colors. So frustrating.
Message 5 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Are you getting a VA loan?

Screw the cc's, once this is removed you will get tons of points, I'm sure it's really dragging down the scores.  What are the score?

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes he is receiving a va loan. But we have heard nothing from wells Fargo about our dispute. His score is a 627 with the 30 day late attached. The LO wants to get us to a 640 by having us pay down our credit cards and then do a rapid rescore. Our new balance to our cc's has be submitted and we are now just waiting for the results of the rescore. We are praying we can get this removed.
Message 7 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Just don't give up.  Call every day, and call at different times, and talk to different people, and try to talk to a manager...you can even email the CEO.  Do whatever it takes.  Beg, Plead, Grovel.  I have done this many times and I have good success on 10+ collections.  The two that haven't worked are Sallie Mae and the Dang Unique National Collection for 46 dollars for  late library book.

You can even try calling the finance guy who sold you the car.  He (hopefully) remembers you, let him know you are certain to come back to the dealership when the next car is needed - that will give him some motivation to do what he can.  I'm sure he can call in a favor.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright awesome. Thank you for the advice.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.