Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid rescore

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapid rescore

I am 2 points off where I need to be to qualify for my loan. I owe a total of about $1300 and the calculator is telling me I'd get the points if the remaining balance is paid off. My lender is telling me its going to cost me $100 per bureau, per account to get a rapid rescore. Do I need to update all the bureaus? It's just EQ where I need the points, 638-640.
And has anyone had Synchrony or Cap 1 do a mid cycle update? We had our offer accepted and I'd really like to use the assistance if possible.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Rapid rescore

1. you only need to do one bureau

2. i have used 6 or 7 different companies to pull credit for me. every one explicitly states that the rapid rescore fee CANNOT be passed on to the borrower.

(tehnically, i believe it is a violation of respa or some other federal law as it is considered an un-earned fee)

at my company, we eat them..... cost of doing business.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rapid rescore

That's very good to know. Maybe it's time to start shopping another lender. I know I can get the 2 points. I just need the rescore.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.