Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rates for USDA Loans?

tag
wealthygirl
Valued Member

Rates for USDA Loans?

Purchasing a new build in Maryland, 100% financing via USDA.   Builder also provides mortgage services...current rate quoted for USDA funded loans is 5.35%.  Does anyone know where this rate is generated from?  Or, is this info exclusive to the mortgage company only?  

Starting Score: 647EQ 625 TU (Sept 09)
Current Score: 728 EQ 724 TU 743 EX(Lender pull)
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Re: Rates for USDA Loans?

I don't believe USDA is 'one rate fits all' like FHA, but I'm not certain. I believe the rate offered is established by the lender. It would be worthwhile to shop around and get good faith estimates from at least one or two other lenders for comparison purposes. I would guess that they will come in around that same rate, but it's worth the shopping in case you can find something lower.

Message 2 of 3
wealthygirl
Valued Member

Re: Rates for USDA Loans?

So, if i'm reading this correctly, you don't HAVE to use the builders in house lender in order to receive the perks/incentives with a new build?  I had read/heard that in order to build new you had to use the builders lender, in this case RYLAND Mortgage? 

Starting Score: 647EQ 625 TU (Sept 09)
Current Score: 728 EQ 724 TU 743 EX(Lender pull)
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.