Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rates on myFico homepage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rates on myFico homepage

Can someone explain why the rates on the homepage are so much lower than what I am seeing in other places?   Bankrate has 4.98% on a 30 year fixed rate, but myFico is showing 4.48% APR for my loan.  I am in the 706+ credit range, and have shopped around between my bank and two mortgage brokers, and the best I am seeing without points is 4.875%, which ends up being over 5% APR.  Amy I not shopping rates in the right  places?  Maybe this is covered elsewhere on the forum but the descrepency is so large that I feel I must be missing something.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rates on myFico homepage

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone explain why the rates on the homepage are so much lower than what I am seeing in other places?   Bankrate has 4.98% on a 30 year fixed rate, but myFico is showing 4.48% APR for my loan.  I am in the 706+ credit range, and have shopped around between my bank and two mortgage brokers, and the best I am seeing without points is 4.875%, which ends up being over 5% APR.  Amy I not shopping rates in the right  places?  Maybe this is covered elsewhere on the forum but the descrepency is so large that I feel I must be missing something.

Those rates are a national average and they might/might not include fees like paying pts and they are not updated frequently.  One states average could be 4% and another 6% yet the average if just going by the two is 5%.  In my area the lowest rate going without paying pts is 5 - 5.125.  So to get a rate below 5, pts would have to be paid.  My sister knows someone about two weeks ago that did a refinance through the internet (not sure with who) and got 4%.
Message Edited by steelfan on 04-10-2009 12:22 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Texas, and I put in my loan value as well as Texas, and the rate was similar to the national average.  It seems like rates aren't as sensitive to credit score as this site is showing, if what you say is the case.  I wonder if anyone has gotten a rate lower than 4.875 in Texas.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in Texas, and I put in my loan value as well as Texas, and the rate was similar to the national average.  It seems like rates aren't as sensitive to credit score as this site is showing, if what you say is the case.  I wonder if anyone has gotten a rate lower than 4.875 in Texas.

Bank rate updates their site daily while myfico sometimes takes weeks before its updated.  So at one time you could have gotten the rate listed but again does that include pts or not and are your local banks offering that rate because I live in upstate ny and to get those rates would require paying a lot of pts.  The lowest fico score i have is 766 and I locked in at 4.875 1.5 weeks ago and now its over 5 even though Freddie Mae/Mac keep announcing that rates are at their lowest
Message Edited by steelfan on 04-11-2009 07:24 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.