cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rates on the rise...any future predictions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rates on the rise...any future predictions?

DallasLoanGuy wrote:
I really don't have anything to add.

It just was bothering me to have "UpUpUp" as the last poster to a thread about rates.

Carry on.

Why is that?
Message 11 of 16
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:
It just was bothering me to have "UpUpUp" as the last poster to a thread about rates.
Carry on.

Why is that?

Presumably because the majority of us don't want rates to go Up, Up, Up!
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:
Carry on.

Why is that?

Presumably because the majority of us don't want rates to go Up, Up, Up!

Duh. Sorry, blonde moment.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious ... does anyone here (ESPECIALLY Dallas!) have any idea if the criteria for getting a loan (conventional or FHA) will become much stricter??

We're hoping to be fit for financing ($40K+ down, $150K mortgage, scores in the high 600s to low 700s) in about a year when our recent lates have their 1 year B-Day. Are we being reasonable, or will the criteria/requirements get uglier by then?

Also, is my thinking out of whack when I ask this: With so many people feeling the credit crunch and more and more people emerging with tanked credit (not that I'm wishing that on ANYONE), will lower scores become more common? If that DOES happen, how will that affect lending?

TIA!! You guys ROCK!! Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 16
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Wonderin wrote:
Just curious ... does anyone here (ESPECIALLY Dallas!) have any idea if the criteria for getting a loan (conventional or FHA) will become much stricter??

We're hoping to be fit for financing ($40K+ down, $150K mortgage, scores in the high 600s to low 700s) in about a year when our recent lates have their 1 year B-Day. Are we being reasonable, or will the criteria/requirements get uglier by then?

Also, is my thinking out of whack when I ask this: With so many people feeling the credit crunch and more and more people emerging with tanked credit (not that I'm wishing that on ANYONE), will lower scores become more common? If that DOES happen, how will that affect lending?

TIA!! You guys ROCK!! Smiley Happy

i have not heard of any pending tweaks to the current approval guidelines.... just the recent 'risk based pricing' of mtg insurance.

with the inflation and especially the price of gasoline, i suspect that the revolving debt is increasing for many americans. higher revolving = lower scores.

lower scores = higher risk = higher rates

Retired Lender
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is still a 50% chance of rates dropping though the end of the year.

If that does happen- I might re-fi
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.