Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: C5 appraisal is killing my loan!! Home appraised for $157K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid off my home and wanted to completed the construction started but the bank won't loan on it becasue it came back with a C5 rating after I paid to have it appraised.  The appraisal that was done and recieved the C5 rating came back at $157,000.00 value but I can't get a bank to loan even a portion so I can complete the needed work.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Have a contractor that can do the work approach the seller and present him/her with a reasonable quote to complete the work and have the seller pay that contractor at closing.

If the seller refuses to pay any more money for repairs out of their pocket, you could negotiate a slightly higher purchase price to complete the work and it would then be in effect built into your loan without you having to pay additional money for reserves/repair escrow.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I moved your post to start a new thread so you can get more responses. I hope this helps you.

Please clarify if this is your home already that you paid off and are now seeking funds to rehab by pulling out a loan. Is it a HELOC? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.