Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to apply but have a question

tag
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Ready to apply but have a question

I did a pull about a month ago and the lender stated I needed 4 more points to meet the required middle score of 620.  Since then I reviewed all three credit reports and noticed two paid closed accounts reporting a balance.  I just recieved emails from all three bureaus and one of the tradelines got deleted (it was a deliquent tradeline also) and the other updated the correct balance ($0) and removed a few lates also.  To my surprise my TU score rose from 633 to 648 and my EQ rose from 601 to 639.  I know my middle score is over the requirement for the USDA loan now but I noticed my federal student loans have been transferred/sold.  Is it smart to wait for the student loan company that has taken over my repayment to show up on my credit report or apply now.  I have this nice ranch style house in my area with 1 acre of land selling for 80k and am really tired of paying $800 rent.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditisbetter2
Contributor

Re: Ready to apply but have a question

I would say go for it now. I had a loan transfer in the middle of our lending process. It did not matter at all to our LO. All they care about is whether or not your loans are deferred at least a year. It doesn't matter who you will eventually pay. So start the process and let them tell you what you should do, I doubt it will be an issue at all.
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Ready to apply but have a question

If the new creditor starts reporting it may be viewed as a new trade line and hurt your score some - not certain on that when it's sold from one creditor to another though.  If that is the case though, then you'd want to have your credit checked before that happens.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.