Valued Member
texhawk

Realistic Options...

I appreciate all the advice given and now have my own situation to offer up.

Looking at buying home in February as lease ends on the last day of month.  I would prefer to just go to BOA and keep things simple (30yr fixed) but will obviously shop.  Here is the raw data.  You tell me the options that I will have.

Income - me - 95Ksalary, 10K bonus, wife - 50k salary
Debt - 0 recurring, 8 payments left on auto at 500per.  1500 in student loans.  (both in my name only)
Retirement Balance - me -20k, wife - 60k.  ( I am now maxing out 401k so my take home is much lower than could be)

FICO - me - 688,667,662,  wife - 656,628,649  .  these are today and will only go up as we near year end.
no collections, just some lates over 1 year old.

Downpayment - 15K

Looking at 300-325K home in Overland Park, Kansas.

Thanks  
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Realistic Options...

looks pretty good-
Installment with less than 10 oaymnets left are not calculated in DTI

They calculate on Gross income- so maxing the 401K does not hurt you-

Keep paying on time and keep revolving balances down.

texhawk wrote:
Looking at buying home in February as lease ends on the last day of month. I would prefer to just go to BOA and keep things simple (30yr fixed) but will obviously shop. Here is the raw data. You tell me the options that I will have.
Income - me - 95Ksalary, 10K bonus, wife - 50k salary
Debt - 0 recurring, 8 payments left on auto at 500per. 1500 in student loans. (both in my name only)
Retirement Balance - me -20k, wife - 60k. ( I am now maxing out 401k so my take home is much lower than could be)
FICO - me - 688,667,662, wife - 656,628,649 . these are today and will only go up as we near year end.
Downpayment - 15K
Thanks

Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

You should be fine to choose whatever loan program you want except FHA, as FHA loan limits aren't that high in Johnson County.  If you don't have 3% or 5% down then I would just stick to 100% financing, putting 2.99% down or less wouldn't help out the terms any.
Frequent Contributor
steelfan

texhawk wrote:

Looking at buying home in February as lease ends on the last day of month.  I would prefer to just go to BOA and keep things simple (30yr fixed) but will obviously shop.  Here is the raw data.  You tell me the options that I will have.

Income - me - 95Ksalary, 10K bonus, wife - 50k salary
Debt - 0 recurring, 8 payments left on auto at 500per.  1500 in student loans.  (both in my name only)
Retirement Balance - me -20k, wife - 60k.  ( I am now maxing out 401k so my take home is much lower than could be)

FICO - me - 688,667,662,  wife - 656,628,649  .  these are today and will only go up as we near year end.

Downpayment - 15K

Thanks  

Try sending some gw letters on the lates.  All it would cost is the price of a stamp but if they honor them your scores will get better and will save you thousands once you get your mortgage

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}