Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtor on a new construction?

tag
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Realtor on a new construction?

My fiancee and I are planning to go FHA on a new construction Lennar home and use their in house lender to get the incentives. My question is should we even bother getting a realtor?

We walked through some of the available models and know what one we are going to get and it would be an inventory home by the time we are ready to buy as they are about to build A LOT of them, so the sales guy said.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Realtor on a new construction?

While it isnt necessary to get a realtor, it benefits you.

Buyers realtor looks out for the buyer.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 24
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

So I am a complete dummy when it comes to ths, but would lennar pay the realtor upon closing or would we?

Message 3 of 24
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Buyers agent is usually paid by the seller.

At times other arrangements are made.

Call up a realtor and tell them you found a home you are interested in, and if they can explain the procedures completely to you if you wanted to use their services. Make sure you ask them about how they are paid, which should be from the seller.

I am sure Lennar has a licensed realtor handling their transactions, but I never recommend for a buyer to use the sellers realtor.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 24
playboy
Regular Contributor

@FLAJenn wrote:

So I am a complete dummy when it comes to ths, but would lennar pay the realtor upon closing or would we?

So I to am going through Lennar's financing arm (UAMC) for a inventory home.  I have a realtor that I met a year ago.  Lennar is the one that pays realtor.  I know bc I found this out last year when I sat down with the sales guy.  And then when I signed the contract month ago, it states that Lennar will pay the realtor.  You have to initial and the realtor has to initial.  It's all laid out for you.  The sales agent will walk you as you sign the contract.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 24
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Realtor should be able to save you a ton.

Message 6 of 24
playboy
Regular Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Realtor should be able to save you a ton.

My realtor got me to think outside of my box, which in turn saved me money in the long run.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 24
Amythyst
Contributor

I only got a realtor because I went through my credit unions realty program and I get 2k back after closing just for using one of their realtors.  I thought it was pretty funny actually ... we had already found the builder we wanted and I had been in contact with them via email already.  I got Navy Federal to set up the realtor... she called me once and attended the first meeting at the builder with us where we signed the contract.  So, for a few hours of work this woman is getting over 10k in buyers agent money ... easiest money she probably ever made.  But I do get the cash back after closing, so that will pay for our washer and dryer.  Its free money and it is nice to have the realtor cause one day I couldn't get the builder or my lender to return my calls and I just sicked the realtor on them and they responded very quickly. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Cool! Yeah that's what I was thinking. The sales guys was all heyyyyyy when he was taking us around, but who know what would happen after we commit. So I just want to be prepared.

Message 9 of 24
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Would you mind keeping me posted on how the whole thing goes for you playboy? We are looking to get started on the process in the next 2-3 months after paying down our cc's to get over 640, as I am at 607 and he is at 617.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.