Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Commitment Letter....

tag
pushingfor700
Established Member

Received Commitment Letter....

Well the underwriter has approved credit and I have received the commitment letter....WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? Can I possibley close by the end of the month? I am in GA not sure how long it takes to get to the attorney office for closing but I am hoping that I make it before the 30th so I can claim the tax credit.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Received Commitment Letter....

Usually on the commitment letter there is a list of conditions that remain to be satisfied.  What does your loan officer say?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
pushingfor700
Established Member

Well I closed on my house on 7/9/10!!! Yay mee!

Does anyone know how many points my credit score my drop due when the Mortgage starts reporting?

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Congrats!  How many points you lose would depend on your overall credit profile, most say about 5-10 points but some even report a small increase.  

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.