cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Installment agreement w/ IRS...Is FHA possible?

tag
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Recent Installment agreement w/ IRS...Is FHA possible?

Hello! I am an old member back again to stalk the boards and absorb all the free knowledge...Smiley Wink

I have moved my family across country here to AZ from NJ  and We are  first time FHA homebuyers (hopefully lol)and we are trying to buy  for $220,000/ $1500 yrly taxes/500yrly insurance .  I haven't met with any banks or brokers yet... Long story short I  owe $10,000 back taxes for 2010 Smiley Surprised , and just recently have set up a payment plan with the IRS for $300 a month. I would like to qualify without paying the back taxes in advance, but just factor them into my DTI as we can easily absorb that. We make about 130,000 a year W-2 employees, we will only have enough saved for down payment and closing costs. Currently our rent is $2000 a month. Are there any Banks/Lenders that are ok with the back taxes as long as you are on a payment agreement with the IRS? Oh and our scores are currently about 600 across the board ,but we were maxed on nearly 8 cards last month from our wedding. All have been paid in full so hopefully we will see a 80-100 pt jump. No fatal baddies I just have a couple of small CA I'm working on.No lates or negs in the last 12mths

So the big question is not will we qualify with credit history, scores, or income , but will they allow it due to the back taxes and us being on a installment ageement for only 5mths? No liens were ever filed and this is the first time I've ever owed taxes so I'm petrified!  Any help/advice would be MUCH appreciated! 

09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent Installment agreement w/ IRS...Is FHA possible?

I did FHA with an IRS installment agreement and it never came up....was still able to get past CAIVRS. I don't think those show up, but you should disclose them in terms of not getting in over your head.

Message 2 of 3
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Re: Recent Installment agreement w/ IRS...Is FHA possible?

Hi MrSmall! How long were you in the agreement for before being approved?Whay bank did you go with? Did you have to provide a copy of the agreement or payment history? Thanks! Anyone else have any experience w/this?
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.