cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent checking overdraft and mortgage - any issues?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent checking overdraft and mortgage - any issues?

I just accepted a transfer for work and we will be relocating and purchasing another house within the next two-three months. However, I just accientially overdrafted our primary checking account for the first time. Our Navy Federal NAVCheck paid the item and our account was $11.18 overdrawn which was immediately transferred from the line of credit. I thought I had plenty of money in there for the bills, but appently a few old large items cleared that I forgot about.

The problem is that I don't keep any money in my NFCU savings as the interest is so low ... We use Barclays online savings, NFCU CDs, and Chase investment accounts. Overall, should I be worried about this overdraft? Will we be dinged in underwriting? We have more than enough money at NFCU (but in CDs) and with other financials in liquid accounts.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent checking overdraft and mortgage - any issues?

Get a letter of explanation ready- basically short and simple like what you put here. I had something similar except it snowballed things because we have auto pay on a lot of bills. Anyways it was fine with the LOX explaining why it was a one off and wouldn't happen again.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent checking overdraft and mortgage - any issues?

I had t explain certain things, but they never asked about the overdraft that I had. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.