Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Mortgage Brokers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommended Mortgage Brokers

I am beginning the process of looking into buying my first home.  I am interested in anyone's suggestions/recommendations for decent mortgage brokers.  I am also a teacher, and I am curious if anyone out there knows of any special programs that offer incentives for teachers.  I know BOA had one, but I can't find anymore information on it. 

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recommended Mortgage Brokers

Some areas do have teacher programs, but it is not usually bank by bank.. More like local cities and governements.  So, check out the city you teach in, the city you live in (if different), and the county and state governments.  Also, sometimes the actual teacher's association has loan programs.

Also, although not sure if it is actually against policies or not, but people don't generally give out actual brokers, etc on here to avoid it becoming more advertisements than discussion.  That said, I think the general concesus has been to ask you neighbors/family/friends for people they have worked with.  Local is better as they will know any local programs that are out there and be better equipped to provide you with top quality service.  On top of that, being close by can come in handly when you get down to closing and all the last minute things start popping up. 

Message 2 of 5
teton
Regular Contributor

National City has a program called Homes for Heroes aimed at police, firefighters, teachers. I haven't gotten all the details, but I know they don't give grants or monetary assistance.  They allow more leeway as far as qualifying, though.
Message 3 of 5
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

There is the Good Neighbor Next Door program with HUD, but I do not know much about it.  From what I read you have to live in a certain area to qualify (low income).

I'm a teacher as well and am interested in anything more about this if anybody knows.

Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@anca21bi wrote:

There is the Good Neighbor Next Door program with HUD, but I do not know much about it.  From what I read you have to live in a certain area to qualify (low income).

I'm a teacher as well and am interested in anything more about this if anybody knows.

these are typically hard to get. the good ones get bid up....

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.