Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Refi Time!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Record Refi Time!!

I am so excited, I was approached by my MC and offered a IRRL on May 4. I had no idea what that was so I checked it out at VA.gov and realized it was a "interest rate reduction loan" and so I accepted the afternoon May 4, they did a SP on May 5th.

Ready for it???

I close on Wed May 17th!! (whoop whoop), the agent told me a few minutes ago that she has never seen a refi go thru so fast! My loan payments are going down $125.00 month and I didn't add any time to loan and I have the ability to still go for another refi if I want to take equity (I have aprox. 20k equity) in 6 mos or longer..WOW I'm impressed Smiley Happy

I believe it's because of lowing my UTIs ..I went from 97% to less then 50% across the board in the last 7/8 weeks and I have to give every one on the site a huge SHOUT OUT and HUGS for helping me understand that no matter how well I paid on time, the UTIs were killing my scores. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

So now I am going to put on my big girl panties (because I really want to go shopping..lol) and do the following:

1. No mortgage payment due for June ($1412.00), so I am going to apply that to my highest bal account (8200/9700)

2. That $125.00 extra a month will be applied to the same card, because I am already used to not having it, so why not put it to work for me in lowering my debt

**Edited to add**  I DID IT !!!!!!!! Just finished 10:45 cst, 17 May.. WHOOP WHOOP, Super easy Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Record Refi Time!!

May 4th application to May 17th closing - that is impressive!

Congratulations on your refi!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so excited, I was approached by my MC and offered a IRRL on May 4. I had no idea what that was so I checked it out at VA.gov and realized it was a "interest rate reduction loan" and so I accepted the afternoon May 4, they did a SP on May 5th.

Ready for it???

I close on Wed May 17th!! (whoop whoop), the agent told me a few minutes ago that she has never seen a refi go thru so fast! My loan payments are going down $125.00 month and I didn't add any time to loan and I have the ability to still go for another refi if I want to take equity (I have aprox. 20k equity) in 6 mos or longer..WOW I'm impressed Smiley Happy

I believe it's because of lowing my UTIs ..I went from 97% to less then 50% across the board in the last 7/8 weeks and I have to give every one on the site a huge SHOUT OUT and HUGS for helping me understand that no matter how well I paid on time, the UTIs were killing my scores. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

So now I am going to put on my big girl panties (because I really want to go shopping..lol) and do the following:

1. No mortgage payment due for June ($1412.00), so I am going to apply that to my highest bal account (8200/9700)

2. That $125.00 extra a month will be applied to the same card, because I am already used to not having it, so why not put it to work for me in lowering my debt

Congrats on the refi!

End of the day regardless of the information posted here, you (and others) are the ones who are making the change towards improving your financial and credit lives; nobody can do that except for you, so kudos for leveraging what you've learned and being disciplined enough to follow through on the plan... bastardizing a comment I recently made regarding my employer, don't play not to lose (minimum payments and not missing a payment), play to win (hammer that credit card debt).

        
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You..

My Dad taught me that "my word is my bond" and to accept personal responsibility for my actions

The Army taught me self discipline and confidence

My Husband (love of my life and all around good guy..God rest his soul) taught me that "Family" is only a word and I don't owe anyone anything just because we share DNA (it took me a while on that one..lol)

Life has taught me, it's not a matter of what's fair..it's a matter of what you can do and not what you can't

Myfico has taught me how to become more informed about my credit, and no matter what get & keep the UTI down!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.