Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing a mortgage

tag
Jamisonke
New Contributor

Refinancing a mortgage

My mortgage is currently held by Caliber Home Loans, which is who it was sold to after I bought my home in 2014. The current mortgage is an FHA loan and we're trying to refinance to get out of paying mortgage insurance. I've been working with Caliber on a refinance for several weeks and the communication is very poor. Last week Friday, I received an email that my file was in underwriting. I heard nothing for a week. I wrote an email this morning and discovered my file hasn't even been reviewed by an underwriter yet. Frustrating. I'm considering moving to a different lender but I have some questions:

1. Can I use the same appraisal that I have already paid for?
2. My middle mortgage score is 750. What seem to be the going rates for a 30 year mortgage for that score?
3. I had a short sale in 2010. Quicken Loans wouldn't touch me for a refinance. They stated they need 7 years post short sale. Do any of you know of banks that don't have those kinds of overlays for short sales?

Thanks, in advance, for your responses!
--------------------------------
Current FICO scores: EQ 762, EX 761, TU 773
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinancing a mortgage

@Jamisonke wrote:
My mortgage is currently held by Caliber Home Loans, which is who it was sold to after I bought my home in 2014. The current mortgage is an FHA loan and we're trying to refinance to get out of paying mortgage insurance. I've been working with Caliber on a refinance for several weeks and the communication is very poor. Last week Friday, I received an email that my file was in underwriting. I heard nothing for a week. I wrote an email this morning and discovered my file hasn't even been reviewed by an underwriter yet. Frustrating. I'm considering moving to a different lender but I have some questions:

1. Can I use the same appraisal that I have already paid for?
2. My middle mortgage score is 750. What seem to be the going rates for a 30 year mortgage for that score?
3. I had a short sale in 2010. Quicken Loans wouldn't touch me for a refinance. They stated they need 7 years post short sale. Do any of you know of banks that don't have those kinds of overlays for short sales?

Thanks, in advance, for your responses!

1. FHA appraisal, yes. Otherwise, it is not common for lenders to accept an appraisal transfer.

2. This is difficult to determine without seeing the entire picture, but if your LTV is under 80% you should find yourself in the +/- 4.375% range.

3. The seasoning requirements are 4 years for short sale, 7 years for foreclosure.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.