Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing & the 2-year work issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refinancing & the 2-year work issue

Question: We need to refinance (balloon coming due in August) and want to take advantage of the low rates now.

I've been at my job since April 2009 (after being layed off, but also after freelancing, so "technically" unemployed full time by a company).

My husband (with me, of course) owns his own business. (more than 2 years)

My husband mistakingly went to refinance LAST August (didn't read the letter I gave him) and I said not to go through it since our rates on our adjustable were still really low and we had more time.

I'm assuming our mortgage company checked out our credit scores, because we were approved and almost done with the process before I stopped it.

We haven't checked our scores recently (or ever).

Could we ask this previous lender what our scores were, or more precisely, would they give them to us?

(yes. they would be different now, but would give us a general idea.)

What effect would us checking them now have on our scores/our new upcoming refinance approval?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Refinancing & the 2-year work issue

You can certainly contact that last lender & ask that they email you your reports from that loan pull.  They belong to you.

Also.....you will NEVER hurt your credit or scores by checking your own.  You can buy your TU & EQ fico's here on this site.  Do a google search for "fico discount codes" & you can get them cheaper too.  FICO often advertises discounts here on their main page too.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinancing & the 2-year work issue

Thanks.

Will get the info from hubby when I get home this evening and will get our current scores, too!

(was thinking of getting a few quotes. do you think a lender, especially our current one, would "match" if others (and they probably would be) are lower?)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.