Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection isn't always bad

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rejection isn't always bad

So we have been house hunting for the last week or so. We found a great house the other day and submitted an offer. I was pretty surprised when the seller not only rejected the offer flat, but also questioned the legitimacy of my loan provider (Guaranteed Rate), we made a second offer, and was informed that nothing short of a full price offer with no concessions would be considered. Well we did the preverbial one finger solute to the rear view mirror and moved on. We really sat down and decided we might be willing to spend more to get somewhere we could be close to family and work. We have been eyeing this community since it was announced but have always dismissed it as overpriced. We went back, and were immediately recognized from our prior interactions from over a year ago. After some number crunching and soul searching will officially put pen to paper on a new house Saturday. We built our last house so I have some idea of whats coming but am still excited to start. Stay tuned for pictures!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Rejection isn't always bad

@Anonymous wrote:
So we have been house hunting for the last week or so. We found a great house the other day and submitted an offer. I was pretty surprised when the seller not only rejected the offer flat, but also questioned the legitimacy of my loan provider (Guaranteed Rate), we made a second offer, and was informed that nothing short of a full price offer with no concessions would be considered. Well we did the preverbial one finger solute to the rear view mirror and moved on. We really sat down and decided we might be willing to spend more to get somewhere we could be close to family and work. We have been eyeing this community since it was announced but have always dismissed it as overpriced. We went back, and were immediately recognized from our prior interactions from over a year ago. After some number crunching and soul searching will officially put pen to paper on a new house Saturday. We built our last house so I have some idea of whats coming but am still excited to start. Stay tuned for pictures!

^^^I agree 100% with you. Sometimes what you think you wanted doesn't happen, but the next offer is the right time and right place.  Congrats! Can't wait to see your progress!

The seller on your first offer obviously is working with bad information. Guaranteed Rate is a huge, nationwide lender that issues mortgage loans across the country with an excellent reputation and a very good loan process. I would say the seller just didn't do their homework, which worked out for you in the long run. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.