cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating but have Mobile Home upside down in!!! HELP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Relocating but have Mobile Home upside down in!!! HELP!!!

Alright i am new here so bare with me please. I have recently changed jobs, so my family and i have to move 3 hours away. We live in a mobile home that my parents put in their name (8 or 9yrs ago) because at that time my credit was shot. Well NOW it turns out that after all this time i have been paying on this place we still owe $28,000 on it. I got married AFTER i bought this MH, it is WAY too small for us ( me wife and 3 kids ) so don't want to take it with us. Plus there is the cost of moving it to think about. I am not sure what to do. My wife says if we have to we can buy a new home after we move and close this place up, but continue to pay for it till paid off. No one is going to want to buy it and pay this much money for a MH that is already 8-9 years old, plus it is on my parents land so they would have to move it.
 Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to keep paying on a home i don't live in, but also i have to work quickly because at this time i have already moved so i can work the new job and am living in a camper, but my wife and kids are living still living in the MH 3 hours away till we figure out what to do. We miss each other.

Any help or advice will be great!! Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Relocating but have Mobile Home upside down in!!! HELP!!!

any chance you could rent it out until it's paid-off

or possibly you could cover the moving costs to a certain mobile home park if the buyers pay the 28,000. You'll still lose but it won't be so much

jask
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.