Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation/Mortgage Question

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Relocation/Mortgage Question

I was told today that we were preapproved for our new build in Fort Worth. I am military and will stay in MD while my wife relocates in a couple of months. Home should be finished around Oct. We plan on keeping our current house and renting it out. I plan on getting an apartment once my wife leaves. Will this rent count against my DTI for the new house? I am wondering if I should just stay in our house in MD until the very last moment before we close and live in a extended stay until after closing.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Relocation/Mortgage Question

...no, apartment rent won't count since it will end once you've closed and relocated ...but any mortgage you have on the property you are renting out will count and the expected rental income probably won't count since you have no rental income history ...you need to talk to your LO and hopefully its not the builder ...hth

...btw, you need to update your sig content, its seriously out of date and confusing Smiley Frustrated

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 5
MrChairman
Established Contributor

ok thanks. Will update signature soon. I own 2 rental properties so when this one converts it will be number 3. Last year was the first year I showed rental income history so I'm good to go there. Talked everything else over with the LO today but I didn't ask that question.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Chairman was thinking out loud and asked-

"I am wondering if I should just stay in our house in MD until the very last moment before we close and live in a extended stay until after closing."

Thats what I'd do.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Chairman was thinking out loud and asked-

"I am wondering if I should just stay in our house in MD until the very last moment before we close and live in a extended stay until after closing."

Thats what I'd do.

Agreed...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.