Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Disputes from credit report

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Remove Disputes from credit report

After reading this thread I decided to fix my report and the disputes.  GMAC was reporting the wrong late dates so I disputed.  They fixed the lates but added "consumer disputes-customer disagrees"  I called TU and they wanted to start another dispute!!  I told them not to and I called GMAC.  I hope they fix it.  How is it that they correct the information then say I disagree???  LOL

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 15
rivernh
Contributor

I just bought a house and closed on it two weeks ago.   

I sweated this out a bit because I had one dispute on one report that was a four year old paid five dollar medical bill, that I wasn't responsible for.  

No one ever mentioned the dispute and I got the mortgage.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

After reading this thread I decided to fix my report and the disputes.  GMAC was reporting the wrong late dates so I disputed.  They fixed the lates but added "consumer disputes-customer disagrees"  I called TU and they wanted to start another dispute!!  I told them not to and I called GMAC.  I hope they fix it.  How is it that they correct the information then say I disagree???  LOL

That's what happened to me too...they wanted to initiate another dispute to dispute my dispute.

Crazy!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting and frustrating. Seems we are all in the same boat - can't get approved on a mortgage because there are old disputes on my reports which have now been cleared up. Experian let me "Delete Remark" on-line, and I received a confirmation email that the "Investigation" was complete. However, when I viewed the "Updated" trade-line, it still says "Consumer disputes..." I got a person on the phone for Equifax and TransUnion, and was also told all I could do is dispute the disputes. Looks like none of us are far enough down the road to see if any of this actually works to remove the dispute notation. Has anyone seen a "clear" credit report yet? The phone number I called for TU is: 1-800-916-8800. The number for Equifax is: 866-274-1451. To call, you must have a recent report number from the CRA.
Message 14 of 15
golo
Frequent Contributor

Hi guys! I'm reading and reading as I'm trying to clear up my credit so I can b added to the mortgage application of my wife.Anyhow,I'm scare to death now after reading some experiences here,I had several dispute comments resolved from years ago and I managed "I think" to get them removed from my file.I also read some posts that after the comments get removed by the CRAs they can potentially pop back up! Huh?? Sighs,I taught once you manage to get them out of your report it's gone,I mean,I sweating bullets thinking that after all the researching and hard work trying to clean my credit to apply for a mortgage now this....I'm overwhelm and exhausted Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.