cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove late BOA payment

tag
Unscientific_fear

Remove late BOA payment

I was dumb enough to co-sign a mortgage for my uncle about 10 years ago. I didn't think much about it until I decided to go for a pre-approval. Lo and behold he was over 30 days late in January. Needless to say, my scores took a hit. Previously, I check my credit reports once a year and everything looked fine. Well I'm now faced with this nonsense. Of course my uncle kept me in the dark about the late payment.

I'm being told that I have to wait for 12 months after the late payment to apply for  pre-approval. So I'm thinking of writing BoA to see if they will remove it from my report. I'm also talkng to my uncle to refinance his mortgage to remove my name from it.

Has anyone had any success with getting BoA to remove a mortgage baddie from their report? I'll hate to pay a higher interest rate if there's a way I can get this resolved sooner.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
boober
Frequent Contributor

Re: Remove late BOA payment

Good luck with B of A getting that late payment removed.

I've had a few of those over the years with my mortgages on 2 properties they service. And they just would not budge.

I only tried via online messaging. You might have better luck someother way such as calling em up or snail mail.

Don't give up though. Last time I tried was maybe a year and a half ago.

B of A seems to be trying to clean up it's act in the eye of the consumer lately though, with all the bad press they've gotten in recent years. Maybe they'll remove it given your circumstance and all as well...

I'd love to hear if you do get it removed. Please do a follow up!

Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.