cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed from an AU with a high balance help or hurt my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed from an AU with a high balance help or hurt my score?

I am desperate lately doing everything in my power to get these last 20 points to get pre approval for a home loan well I was put on my moms CC and noticed she had a high balance and it was effecting my debt/available credit ratio in a negative way so I had her call and remove me from her account but now I am wondering will it effect my score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Removed from an AU with a high balance help or hurt my score?

How high was the utility she was using?  What percent I mean?

How old was that account based on your other accounts?

Is that the ony CC you have reporting?

AU's affect utilization, AAoA, and Mix of Credit, payment history - pretty much everything about the FICO, so there's not really a way to guess......

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the card is from 2007 the avail credit was $300 with a balance of $710 I got an alert stating that he utilization was high once that card reported this month that a large charge was made. I still have 3 other lines credit that are my own and I'm an authorized user for 2 additional lines of credit. Should I have her put me back on? She just took me off 2 days ago.
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Well the card is from 2007 the avail credit was $300 with a balance of $710 I got an alert stating that he utilization was high once that card reported this month that a large charge was made. I still have 3 other lines credit that are my own and I'm an authorized user for 2 additional lines of credit. Should I have her put me back on? She just took me off 2 days ago.

Do you have those numbers backwards? The way it's written it makes your utilization way over 100% and that is a real score killer. If you mean a balance of $300 and a limit of $710 then the utilization is 42% which is still pretty high.

I think I would have made the same choice to be taken off this account. You can always be added back on in the future if need be.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.