Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Disputes from TU? Help

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Removing Disputes from TU? Help

I am at my wits end trying to remove "dispute" comments with TU and really need some help/advice.

Over the past 6 months, I have called TU multiple different times attempting to remove the "account in dispute" comments on 5 different accounts on my TU credit report. Every time, the CSR tells me that in order to remove these comments, he/she has to submit a new dispute to remove those dispute comments and that it could take up to 30-45 days. I beg to have them removed immediately, but they always refuse. Each time, I never really get any follow up about what comes of these new disputes and the original dispute comments always remain. I have no idea what to do at this point because I have to have them removed in order to close on the house we're building.

Can someone who has had success removing comments from TU please share (either in response or via private message) what has worked for them? Successful phone #s, fax #s, anything... I am desperate. Thanks so much in advance!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lola1886
Established Member

Re: Removing Disputes from TU? Help

You can call the TransUnion dispute line (800-916-8800) Monday - Friday and get your file number.  Once you have that, send a fax listing your name, mailing address, phone number, last 4 of your SSN, and the file number to 610-546-4771 Attn: Consumer Contact Dept.  Indicate what you want done (i.e., close active disputes and remove dispute comments) and specify how many pages for the fax, including cover.  I did this a few days ago and it worked perfectly.  My disputes were not scheduled to close until sometime in February and this had them closed within a couple of days.  These disputes were initiated by me, though, so I'm not sure if the same could be done if the situation were different.  Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 8
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Thanks lola - I honestly don't even recall what caused the dispute comments to be on my account. It could have been the result of disputes that I initiated, but that would have been a year or two ago and these comments have just been hanging around on my report since then.

I just sent in a fax, like you described, to the fax # you provided and another one I found. Fingers crossed that these work... this is so frustrating and it should not take 6 months to have this resolved! Absurd!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MBOhio2 wrote:

I am at my wits end trying to remove "dispute" comments with TU and really need some help/advice.

Over the past 6 months, I have called TU multiple different times attempting to remove the "account in dispute" comments on 5 different accounts on my TU credit report. Every time, the CSR tells me that in order to remove these comments, he/she has to submit a new dispute to remove those dispute comments and that it could take up to 30-45 days. I beg to have them removed immediately, but they always refuse. Each time, I never really get any follow up about what comes of these new disputes and the original dispute comments always remain. I have no idea what to do at this point because I have to have them removed in order to close on the house we're building.

Can someone who has had success removing comments from TU please share (either in response or via private message) what has worked for them? Successful phone #s, fax #s, anything... I am desperate. Thanks so much in advance!

I had this similar issue last month. I called TU at 312-985-2000 and asked to speak to someone in the Special Handling Dept. Tell them you need to dispute the compliance condition remarks code of "AID" because you are no longer disputing the account. The rep should be able to remove that dispute during the phone call. It worked for me. HTH...

Message 4 of 8
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

quillaboy - I just called TU at the number you list above and did exactly as you said. Like before, they had to process a "request" to the creditor to remove the comments, though they said they usually receive a response within a few days. Here we go again... fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 8
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

UPDATE: I had been a little scared to call the creditor of the accounts (5 of them - student loans) with the disputes directly because a few years back I had paid them late a few times and I was just scared to tamper with reporting that has since been positive. It was an irrational fear, but I was still worried to mess with it. Well, I bit the bullet and just called. Sure enough, the dispute comments were on the actual creditor's records, so no matter what TU did to remove them, the actual creditor was going to keep re-reporting the dispute comments each month so they would always come back. Anyway, the creditor confirmed that the comments will now be removed within 7-10 business days so hopefully I will never have to deal with these darn dispute comments again!

Message 6 of 8
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

Tried to fax them my information a couple of days ago and the fax # is NOT working or is CONSTANTLY busy #610-546-4771. Manually called up the number...BUSY..BUSY..BUSY,,,,ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Discover IT: $0/$200
Message 7 of 8
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MBOhio2 wrote:

I had this similar issue last month. I called TU at 312-985-2000 and asked to speak to someone in the Special Handling Dept. Tell them you need to dispute the compliance condition remarks code of "AID" because you are no longer disputing the account. The rep should be able to remove that dispute during the phone call. It worked for me. HTH...

I just called this number and a friendly gentleman helped me remove mine. It was painless.

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.