cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Mortgage Lates - Ha!

tag
LaAbril

Removing Mortgage Lates - Ha!

Quick backstory: DH has a s/s on his primary residence in 2010, with many late pays leading up to it. I was working with the lender at that time to try and get a loan mod (tried for 18 mos - paperwork lost, need more info, etc.), which they subsequently denied - even though he met all the requirements. You know the story. I was not on the loan at the time of purchase. I bought a new home in 2010 on my income alone, he was not on loan or title.

Flash forward to today. We need a bigger home and both of our incomes to qualify. I thought since his s/s had aged 3 yrs that we would have no problems qualifying together. Wrong. He has rehabbed credit (no lates in 3+ years) and a decent score. It's the mortgage lates that are killing the deal. 19 >180 lates. 

The lender reporting the lates (Bank of America, surprised?) won't budge.

Do we have any recourse? I know there's been plenty of Class Action suits for how lenders handled loans during the mortgage crisis. I am wondering if anyone knows if the credit issues were addressed in those suits?

TIA

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Removing Mortgage Lates - Ha!

Welcome to the mortgage forum!

Is your current lender asking your DH for an explanation of the lates or are they denying the file due to the lates prior to the short sale?

What type of loan are you applying for now? FHA or conventional?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.