Established Member
1LNurse

Removing a dispute comment before mortgage closing!!! Why is it so difficult?

Hi all,

I am less than 30 days from closing (Closing date August 2nd)  and have 2 issues to resolve : a letter explaining inquires in the last 120days and remove a dispute comment from an account on my credit file.

So I contacted transunion --the rep there told me he had to "launch an investigation" and I should hear something within 5-7 days.  I declined because I was not sure if this would cause another dispute for the existing dispute??

I havent been able to reach a live person @ the credit bureau. I'm not sure how to take care of this matter without screwing something up even more! I can't afford to lose my mortgage cause of one dispute comment!!

Anyone else experience this ??

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!!

Frequent Contributor
blunderer

Re: Removing a dispute comment before mortgage closing!!! Why is it so difficult?

Sent you a PM with the contact info I had success with at TransUnion.

Established Member
1LNurse

Re: Removing a dispute comment before mortgage closing!!! Why is it so difficult?

Thank you soooo much!! keeping my fingers crossed!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}