Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing auto inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing auto inquiries

When my husband went to buy a car last year the dealership ran his credit through 4 different banks(hard inquiries) has anybody ever had these removed from a report? We didn't know they had done this until we singed up for lifelock and we got his free reports yesterday. If so who do i contact/write to ask them to be removed(the bank or tu)?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing auto inquiries

KV-Boo wrote:
When my husband went to buy a car last year the dealership ran his credit through 4 different banks(hard inquiries) has anybody ever had these removed from a report? We didn't know they had done this until we singed up for lifelock and we got his free reports yesterday. If so who do i contact/write to ask them to be removed(the bank or tu)?

You cannot remove legit inquiries.  If the bank did these all within a two week period they only count as one inquiry.  Fico allows you to rate shop and since these are atleast a year old fico no longer considers them anyway  They will stay on your credit reports another year but financial creditors like banks should know and realize that the auto dealer was loan/rate shopping
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.