Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing dispute comments for mortgage

tag
los_west
Regular Contributor

Removing dispute comments for mortgage

Is it a MUST that dispute status be removed before applying for a mortgage?

I called equifax and transunion yesterday to remove the dispute.  Well this morning, on my Score Watch Alert, it says that I am now "disputing and a reinvestigation is in process."  As a result, my score tanked 14 points!

Did I do something wrong?  Has this happened to anyone else?  Will I get those 14 points back?

Now I am scared to even call Experian.....

Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing dispute comments for mortgage

@los_west wrote:

Is it a MUST that dispute status be removed before applying for a mortgage?

I called equifax and transunion yesterday to remove the dispute.  Well this morning, on my Score Watch Alert, it says that I am now "disputing and a reinvestigation is in process."  As a result, my score tanked 14 points!

Did I do something wrong?  Has this happened to anyone else?  Will I get those 14 points back?

Now I am scared to even call Experian.....

Have you seen an updated copy of your credit report to verify if your requests to Equifax and Transunion were granted? When disputes are removed, scores drop. Check your actual credit reports and update us here so we could respon accordingly. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.