Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing dispute comments while pre qualification

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Removing dispute comments while pre qualification

Today I started my pre qualification process and on first try road block: the lender said the automated system is not allowing to approve unless I remove accounts from dispute or remove the dispute comments. I was planning to remove them but thought it might be needed in later stage while manual underwriting. Not during pre qualification. Is it normal for a lender to ask this during pre qualification

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing dispute comments while pre qualification

My lender put this condition on my pre-qual & I couldn't app until all comments were removed.
Message 2 of 7
HouseMouse

You can't get a loan with disputes. A dispute removes that entry from scoring as well.. so best to do it now and face what happens then get all the way to the end and have it pulled.

Message 3 of 7
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

I have a middle 656 and my wife has a 624. We were pre-qualified but our LO said that a Dispute comment had to be removed if not she would to send to manual. The dispute is on a student loan which had late payments on 12/13. Will her score drop?
Message 4 of 7
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Warrior2000 , when your wife submitted the dispute on the student loan, did she get a increase in here scores? The late happened too recent, and possibly affecting her scores if there is no dispute comment on it. The only time a removal of dispute comment will have no affect if the derogatory accounts is already too old. But it depends if the scores increased while the account was in dispute. I am speaking through my experiences. After removal of disputes i didn't lose points. My EQ score did go down for few days but gained back those points and more as the accounts are already 7 years old.

Message 5 of 7
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

We NEED a 620 on hers to. E approved. I'm not sure if her credit went up due to dispute alone. She removed the verbage last week and since submitted a rapid rescore. Just nervous about the drop. Will dropping ulitization from 20% to under 9% affect positively any?
Message 6 of 7
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

20% utilization is not too much to hold her scores down. Dropping it to 9% may help get scores up a bit. Usually the scores drop right away after removing the dispute comments. If it didn't happen yet then it may not even happen

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.