Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing disputes, etc. - conventional nightmare of the day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing disputes, etc. - conventional nightmare of the day

I got a call at 3:00 today from my mortgage broker saying I have 2 accounts that are paid but have "consumer disputed account" showing on my credit reports.   I have to get it off my report for my loan to be finalized AND they are going to repull my report and I still have to meet their credit guidelines.  I have a 661 mid score.  They pulled my report in October and a week ago.  Now they will pull it again.  I'm terrified that my score will drop as a result and I'll lose my rate and have to go FHA.  If they had told me in October I needed to get this statement off my report it would have been a lot easier.  I spent 2 hours calling the 3 bureaus.   It was not easy.   TU and EX said they would investigate my dispute?  (WTH  I listed the comment I want it removed.. what is to investigate??)   EQ - after a half hour.. said they removed the notation from the one account but they don't have a record of the second account being on my report.  I told them it was there.  I had a 45 minute old report in my hand.   This argument went on for 5 minutes .. they finally said they would send me an updated report in the mail.. without the second account being listed. 

I'm due to close in  17 days.   This is not looking good.   Sigh.

How long did it take other people to get these notations removed?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing disputes, etc. - conventional nightmare of the day

I got an email from Experian today.  Investigation complete.  Comments removed.  My lender is going to try to get the underwrited to approve my file without the changes since the accounts are 0.  TU said they were fixed when I talked to them on the phone.   Equifax says that the one account is no longer on my report and that they fixed the other.   I'll give it a couple days then pull my reports to double check. 
Message 2 of 8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on getting the notations removed so quickly. After having seen posts like this, I went ahead and got the comments removed from my DH's reports. My loan officer said it shouldn't be a problem but I didn't want to chance anything happening like what happened to you.

Good luck! And I hope your closing goes smoothly.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cass. There will always be something it seems.  I was told by my loan officer that she had everything but I got an email of 8 things to provide to underwriting in addition to this credit report mess. 

It's not over yet.  I don't believe they are removed until I see the corrected reports.  I have only seen one of the three so far.  But I am pretty happy with the way things are moving along.  Maybe my conventional loan wont fall through after all although Im told if I switch to FHA they don't care about the notations.   (After getting approved conventional I refuse to close FHA.   Conventional is so much cheaper for me. About 2,000 less to table and $60 a month cheaper.   I'm putting 20% down.)

Message 4 of 8
learned_my_lesson
New Contributor

After reading this thread I called TransUnion to have the comments removed. They refused saying the companies added them and they will have to remove them. After arguing with the rep and the supervisor I still got no results.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck Learned My Lesson.

These were disputes that I had put on.   They read "consumer disputes this information"   I had previously disputed these accounts and after the investigation they put on the remarks.   The accounts have since been updated and the information is now correct except for this statement.

Experian report is now corrected.  

Trans Union took the information over the phone but I also did an online dispute.  The current status is 1 of 2 accounts investigated.   I have my fingers crossed that all will be well and SOON.  I pulled my report and it is still on there.  The rep on the phone said they can take up to 30 days to investigate this.  I'm stalking the online dispute area to see when the report is "updated" and investigation is done.   Hopefully by early next week.

Equifax was weird.  They removed one account completely and the online investigation is still ongoing regarding the dispute comment on the other account.  I also called a rep and did online dispute.  She said she was removing the comment and would email me the report and gave me a confirmation number.  When I got the confirmation email the report would be ready.   I'm impatient and checked online and it is showing as pending.  I was told I would get a copy in the mail in 7-10 days.   I guess I just have to wait.

Message 6 of 8
Regular Contributor

Learned my Lesson,

My husband had the dispute remarks on TU and EQ. I wrote a dispute letter for TU that this "account is no longer being dispute please remove the notation". And actually both collections (that were paid and old) were deleted for whatever reason. I would try doing either online or written disputes.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah! My lender pulled my report and they are removed.  Thank goodness because half of them are showing up on my reports.  Next step is getting a 60 day statement on Feb 9th from my bank.   Due to settle on the 11th.  Wow.  Everything may actually fall in to place and close on time.   What a shock.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.